It’s approaching wedding season! Here’s a roundup of links for the petite bride:
For brides & brides-to-be:
- Peruse this thread from the Alterations Needed Forum chock full of petites sharing their wedding dresses.
- Another great thread about sewing cups into the bust of your wedding gown vs. finding small bras.
- Vintage AN post: petite honeymoon lingerie.
- Pretty bras from The Little Bra Company that come in small band and cup sizes.
- Tips to keep your heels comfy for all that dancing you’ll be doing.
- Small shoe size? Emyloo Shoes carries heels starting in size 3. Pretty Small Shoes carries options starting in size 2 (32).
For wedding guests:
- Is it okay to wear black to a wedding?
From petite bloggers:
- Khatu is getting married this year. Check out her “Wedding Wednesday” series as she preps for the big day.
- Kileen got married last year. Check out her wedding posts.
- Under the California Sun is currently wedding dress shopping as well.
Giveaway! (UPDATE: GIVEAWAY CLOSED)
Brides and wedding guests alike may find themselves faced with wardrobe malfunctions or in need of a few minor dress tweaks. One thing I always have in my travel bag is my trusty package of fashion tape, which has helped me through many a friend’s wedding without making an embarrassment out of myself. I’ve used these double-sided tape strips on everything from dress and blouse necklines, shoulder straps, wrap dress skirt openings, and even to cover sore spots on toes from high heels.
I usually use just the “original strips”, but the added shapes and sizes in this “Glamorous Gown Assortment” sounded like a great kit for brides and wedding guests alike. This box of Hollywood Wedding Apparel Tape contains 30 clear double-stick strips.
What’s up for grabs:
One (1) box of Hollywood Wedding Apparel Tape (30 strips) will be given to two (2) winners. I’d like to see one prize go to a bride-to-be, and one prize to go to a wedding guest. Wedding season can be crazy not only for the brides, but also for the friends and family who have a calender full of weddings to attend!
How to enter:
Fill out the form below and submit to be entered. If you are a bride-to-be this year, please select the “I am a bride” option and put your wedding date in the box on the next page. If you are going to be a wedding guest this year, please select the “I am a guest” option and put how many weddings you’re invited to this year (one year, I was invited to 6!) on the next page. I will choose one winner from each category by random number generator at the close of the giveaway.
- Only choose one category (bride or guest) when entering.
- Open to readers in the US and Canada.
- One winner will be chosen by random number generator from each category.
- I will notify the winners by email. Winners will have 48 hours to respond, before a new winner is chosen.
- Giveaway ends Sunday, February 5th at 11:59PM PT.
* This giveaway is not affiliated with or sponsored by Hollywood Apparel Tape in any way. This product was purchased by myself for the purpose of this giveaway.
Giveaway is Closed
Congratulations to all the brides and brides-to-be this year!
Double sided tape was a life saver at my wedding! We went through a whole box with me and bridesmaids and etc…
I bet! I end up using at least a few strips at pretty much every wedding I go to to keep everything in place. I can only image with so many heavy dresses to deal with!
Hi Kelly, thanks for posting this! I love reading about wedding related things and I wanted to include a couple of quick resources for the future brides who may need it. Weddingbee.com message board was my support system when I was planning for our wedding. All the ladies on there was extremely helpful and lovely (not to mention quick!) with helping and responding to questions. Also, stylemepretty.com has a ton of lovely real weddings and amazing images for inspirations!
Thank you for the links!
Thank you for sharing so many helpful links!
I’m just starting to plan my wedding and I’m so glad you posted this! Even if I don’t win the giveaway I’m putting fashion tape on my list, I bet it comes in handy on the day of! It’s great to be able to follow other petites going through this on their blogs too. When I get more into dress shopping can’t wait to contribute to the petite dresses thread!
Congratulations! Have a wonderful time planning your big day! Looking forward to seeing your dress. =)
I wish I knew about your blog when I was planning my wedding. I ended up spending over $350 on alterations for my dress. I somewhat wish we had just eloped. :)
This is an awesome post, Kelly! I’m not getting married any time soon but the idea of wearing a wedding dress always scares me since I’m 4’10” and 85 pounds. Attending weddings don’t really fare better for me either. People always mistake me for someone’s teenage younger sister. = I’m favoriting this page for future reference :)
I totally know how you feel! I was terrified at the thought. I kept having this visual of the sales associate clamping the dress so much that the sleeves were actually behind my back! Thanks to the ladies sharing their experiences in the wedding dress thread of the AN Forum, I now have hope! LOL.