This post contains affiliate links.
Why would you want to wear fall and winter colors in the summer? For one, to fully utilize all the beautiful clothes you’ve carefully collected over the years, and bask in their versatility. For another, to hold up a middle finger to Big Fashion and their “you need to buy the latest color of the season” agenda. And for yet another, how about the visual of being a sultry, pumpkin spice, independent thinking goddess in a sea of blush-toned basic bitches. Or, maybe it’s just as simple as you’re a deep autumn and summer tones wash you out.
Whatever the reasons, there are three super simple ways to summerize your fall colors:
- Start with fall colors in slinky and light fabrics or silhouettes. You don’t want heat stroke, so silk camisoles, gauzy tees, and airy sweaters all work great. Also, try accessories like statement jewelry or thin scarves.
- For pairing with denim, keep the wash light. Faded blues that look like they’ve been sunbleached on the beach are a cool juxtaposition to a rich fall hue.
- Or, go the summer whites option. Pair with a white blazer, white jeans, or white accessories like pumps or a belt. The rich color will really pop.
— Fall Colors To Wear In Summer —
- J.Crew – they do great deep spicy colors. This is the cami I’m wearing. On sale!
- LOFT – I love the deep olive of this sweater tee. Perfect for both summer and into fall.
- Anthropologie – the “bronze” color of this 3/4 cardigan is great!
- Nordstrom – another versatile camisole in a deep earthy hue.
— Pair Them With —
- Paige– a nice cropped and lived-in wash.
- American Eagle – I get all my shorts from here. These look comfy!
- J.Crew – Nice and crisp linen/cotton blend.
- American Eagle – cute and affordable in a distressed wash.
— Outfit Details —
Blazer Banana Republic (similar)
Jeans Rag & Bone (old) (this season’s washes)
Shoes Giuseppe Zanotti (old) (similar) (similar) (similar)
Watch Larsson & Jennings (similar)
Sunglasses Quay (also here)
— Altered —
I lopped about 3 inches off the bottom of these jeans.
Dear Kelly. I have recently bought a white T-shirt with a lovely small floral pattern to make sure I can wear my favourite burgundy trousers in spring and summer too, so you can imagine how I loved this blogpost! Love, Lieske
Hi Lieske! Hope all is well! Sounds like the perfect combo to summerize your burgundy trousers. =)
Hi Kelly, your style is so delectable! I tried Chanel Sycomore fragrance recently and it reminded me of your effortless (looking) and decadent style. It’s vetiver based. Though you may not like it since fragrance is such a personal thing.