Just popping in to share these olive moto-pants that were a great recent find by Wendy. I loved the cropped fit on her, the gold zipper details, and big utility pockets. When she mentioned they fit her off-the-rack, I had to give them a try. They arrived and I was happy to find the fabric was a substantial, thick cotton blend and the fit nice and skinny. I’ll also note that these are running fairly small (I’m wearing size 23 in this post), and wash well (I’ve already washed once and they came out beautifully).
I like these for a few reasons:
- The crop silhouette fits like ankle-length on shorties such as myself.
- The olive color and tasteful moto/zip details are a nice deviation from basic denim while still remaining in the denim realm (i.e., easy to wear & style).
- It is oddly difficult to find colored denim in sturdy, thick, non-jegging like material. I really liked the heavier weight of these, while still remaining comfortable to wear.
— Details —
Blazer J.Crew (fit review) (in corduroy)
Tee Zara (old) (similar)
Jeans Joie thanks to Shopbop (size 23 also here)
Shoes Banana Republic (this season’s version) (similar)
Watch Larsson & Jennings
Necklaces Vintage & Downtown LA
Rings Catbird, Vrai & Oro & vintage
— Altered —
Love the pants. I have a similar pair and I really should wear them more.
Thanks Amy! I’m hoping these will become part of my normal rotation…need to give my blue denim a little break! ;)
The utility pockets and zipper details are quite cool in my opinion! It’s great that they are comfortable to wear too!
Do you think these pants run small enough that one should go up a full size? I’m normally a solid 26 in jeans, wondering if I need to order up a size.
Hi Keilexandra! I think it depends on two things:
– The legs run slim on these, so if you have slim legs and thighs, order your usual size. If you have muscular legs and or thighs, a size up may fit you better.
– If you’d like the fit to be super snug and stretchy like on the models, then order your usual size. If you’d like more of a slim & fitted, but not super snug fit (like on me), then one size up may be better.
I hope that helps!
That’s super helpful, thanks!
Love the cargos on both you and Wendy.
I wear j brand cargos in both sizes of 23 or 24.
Any comparison you can share between these and the jbrand cargo’s?
I would love to add an olive green to my cargo collection.
What size if any do you wear in jbrand skinnies as reference.
Hi Kat! I don’t have experience with the JBrand cargos, but I usually take a size 23 in regular JBrand denim. Also, it might be helpful to take a look at my measurements for comparison: http://www.alterationsneeded.com/my-measurements
What a great find! I love when skinny jeans come with ankle zippers. Makes it infinitely easier to put them on!