If you’re familiar with this blog at all, you know that I’m tiny. You also know that because of this, most clothing items don’t fit me very well. Very few brands make sizes that are proportioned well enough, or cut small enough to fit me. I need to try on lots of items to find the one needle in the haystack that fits me well enough to purchase.
99.9% of the time, my size is the smallest one offered by retailers. Many times, that size extra-extra-small petite, or double zero petite, is offered online only. Therefore, I end up doing a lot of online shopping.
This is a major bummer for a few reasons:
- I love to shop…in stores that is. I love touching fabrics and inspecting details. Nothing kills my shopping high quicker than the thought, “better head home so I can order the smallest size of this thing, wait a week, and then hope it fits”
- I love instantaneous gratification. Nothing makes me more antsy in the pantsy than tracking a package on fedex.com that is moving across the country at a snails pace. I want it now!
- I hate paying shipping charges. To me, it’s like paying money to use a fitting room. And what if the item doesn’t fit? I’m now the price-of-shipping poorer with nothing to show for it, all because I wanted to try something on.
- Because of the last reason, I wait patiently for free shipping codes before I order anything. This sometimes means the items I’m patiently waiting for have already sold out in their super tiny sizes. Bummer.
- Not all those tiny sizes fit. It’s so disappointing to joyously rip through a package that I’ve been waiting for since last week, only to have nothing fit and have to return them all. So sad.
So, I’ve found online shopping necessary, but not my favorite.
Now, my question for you…how comfortable are you shopping online?
Do you hate it, love it, fear it, prefer it, avoid it, just accept it?