Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information AlterationsNeeded.com Gathers and Tracks
AlterationsNeeded.com gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our forum, and from participation in comments, surveys and giveaways.
– Information AlterationsNeeded.com gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does AlterationsNeeded.com divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
AlterationsNeeded.com Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Email notifications: AlterationsNeeded.com gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe for email notifications of new posts. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every notification that points users to the subscription management page.
- Comments: Users may comment on blog posts and when they do so they can provide their email address and the URL of their website. This information may be used by Kelly to contact the user, but will not be used for any other purpose.
- Giveaways: Users may choose to enter a giveaway by providing such information as their name or email address. This gathered information will only be used to contact the giveaway winners, unless otherwise stated in the giveaway rules. Winners contacted by email may be asked to provide a mailing address in order to receive their giveaway prize. Winner mailing addresses are only used for prize shipments, and are never shared with any third party.
- Surveys: AlterationsNeeded.com may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
- Forum: Users can join the AlterationsNeeded.com forum and have conversations with other members. They can specify a username (required), website (optional), location (optional), occupation (optional), interests (optional), and size information (optional) in their profile and other users will see this information. They also provide their email address in order to register for the forum, but this email address is not visible to other users. The provided email address may be used to contact the user in case of errors or other forum related correspondence.
- Private Messaging: Users can send each other private messages. These messages are stored in the AlterationsNeeded.com database and are not shared with anyone but the sender and the recipient. AlterationsNeeded.com administrators might see the contents of the private message database in the course of maintenance and development on the site, but will never share this information with third parties.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
AlterationsNeeded.com tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users.
Google Adsense and the DoubleClick DART Cookie
Use of Information
AlterationsNeeded.com uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience on our site, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out email notifications and to enable users to participate in giveaways, surveys, or submit comments. We may occasionally send a special newsletter. AlterationsNeeded.com never shares mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
AlterationsNeeded.com creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are tailored to their interests. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Sharing of the Information
AlterationsNeeded.com uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic notifications.
– Opting not to participate in the forum.
– Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.