Hi, I’m Kelly…
and Alterations Needed is where I share my style journey including developing a personal style, building a wardrobe, outfits, and general musings about fashion. I have an intense love affair with menswear, and my personal style reflects that, something you could call tomboy-chic. Oh yeah, and I love denim. Like, really love denim.
I’m also very petite at 4’11”, so I share fit reviews, style tips, and ways in which I’ve had clothing altered down to fit. I’ll talk every so often about updates in the world of petite fashion as well. If you’re also petite, you may want to check out my petite fashion guide!
I’m a SoCal girl, but currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area.
FAQ’s.Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What’s your height/size/shoe size/etc.?
A. Because I do a lot of fit reviews on this blog, I share my measurements and sizing information here.
Q. What camera and lens do you use?
A. I’m currently shooting blog photos with a Canon 5D Mark II (newest version) and 85mm f/1.8 lens. Some of my older photos have been shot on the Canon Rebel t3i (great entry level DSLR!) (newest version), and I sometimes use the “nifty fifty” 50mm f/1.8.
Q. Is your hair naturally curly? What products do you use? How do you style your curls?
A. Yes, my hair is naturally curly. I have thin, fine hair and prefer products that give my hair moisture, but still create volume. My current products are:
Products & Styling Steps:
- DevaCurl Styling Cream (one pump gently spread over sopping wet hair, head upside down).
- DevaCurl Voluming Foam (~ 4 pumps scrunched into sopping wet hair, head upside down).
- With hair still sopping wet, gently create your desired part, then clip chunks of curls together on opposite sides of the part to create volume as the hair dries.
- Gently scrunch curls with an old t-shirt or microfiber towel to get rid of excess water.
- Let air dry or use a diffuser attachment to blow dry. I usually blow dry my hair with my head upside down.
- Shake and/or scrunch dry hair for volume and softness. Voilà!