This post contains affiliate links.
It’s pretty, it’s provocative, it’s insta-famous…the peek of lace from underneath a slouchy tee is a fun way to update the old jeans and tee look or add a pop of femininity to a masculine or androgynous vibe. As a lover of all the aforementioned things, a peek of lace is something I’ve always had fun playing with, and with summer coming up, is an easy way to add dimension to an outfit without an additional layer.
Two words: eyelash lace.
You’ll want a bra made of a pretty fabric in a contrasting color that creeps a bit high on your chest for optimal neckline peekage. Eyelash lace checks all these boxes. Eyelash lace also has the added benefit of looking intentional, so the final look is more styled versus looking like a wardrobe malfunction.
The one I’m wearing is an old Topshop lace bralette that looks kinda like this and I wish they’d make again.
— Lace Bralettes —
- Anine Bing – the perennial favorite of Instagram.
- Aerie – a comfy and more conservative option.
- Elma – amazing option for petites. ← MY PICK
- Urban Outfitters – gorgeous look for less.
A low scoop or v-neck tee is what you’ll need. A little easier to find if you’re petite since you can shop slouchier regular sizes for that perfect neckline.
— Low-Neckline Tees —
- Daily/Ritual – the v-neck version to the scoop I’m wearing (I wear size xs). ← MY PICK
- Club Monaco – the “Sunny” tee is sheer, drapey, low scooped (I wear size xs).
- Everlane – a more conservative pick (I wear size xxs & would probably size up).
- DSTLD – I saw this styled on Instagram & it looks promising.
— Details —
— Altered —
Topshop bralette has been taken in
Frye wrap bracelet has been shortened