Wedding season is here! I’ve already been to a few, and still have another big one to go. As a notorious dress disliker, figuring out what to wear has always been a chore, but lately I’ve been playing with fun pant and suiting combinations that feel much more “me”. I wore something very similar to this to a wedding earlier this year, and then almost the exact same outfit to a baby shower. It’s been fun, a little cheeky, and very me. If you’re looking for wedding guest outfit ideas, let me suggest a suit!
Consider a suited wedding guest outfit if:
- You’re a guest at a casual, artsy, or Southern wedding (seersucker, anyone?).
- You’re a guest at a black tie wedding…who doesn’t love a good lady tuxedo?
- The location or venue will be chilly. You won’t be shivering in your cozy crop pants.
Feminize suiting with a few easy tricks:
- Add heels. What’s easier to feminize a look than with a great pair of heels?
- Leave the look “undone”. Unbutton the neckline. Roll the sleeves. Cuff the pants. Forgo the jacket but wear a coordinating vest.
- Wear your hair and makeup softly. To avoid coming off severe, opt for a softer, feminine hair and makeup look.
- Accessorize with a few of your favorite things. In my case, that’s a bright and fun handbag, a few favorite pieces of jewelry, and a fun tie made and proportioned especially for women. This one is the chambray, but it also comes in a cute blush and khaki for summer.
A special thank you to Georgia Mae for their sponsorship & support.
— Details —
— Altered —
Vest has been slimmed
Shirt has had darts added