Ahh…good ol’ DS-dubbs. When I would visit home from college, my mom and I would run down to DSW to get our deal-seeking thrills in, and just recently, DSW pulled through for a last-minute pair of bridesmaid shoes for a friend in a panic. My favorite DSW “OMG” moment was when I found a pair of suede Kate Spade flats that I literally wore to death. And I mean death…holes in the toes and everything.
Tip: their stores also carry great heel liners that are a little thicker than my other fave Foot Petals, which make them good for mixing and matching in shoes of various fits.
*For those of you not familiar with DSW, it stands for Designer Shoe Warehouse, and is a discount shoe retailer. They carry a wide variety of name brands, including designer, at really awesome prices. They carry everything from special occasion shoes to rain boots, and while those in the mid-size range have the best choice, a good day can yield size 5′s and below on some pretty great stuff.
Still on the hunt for a good pair of boots (lest we forget I wore loafers in an East Coast blizzard last year…loafers, people!), DSW sent me the Coconuts Britain Boot to try on for size. It’s a very cute little boot, and I’m always a fan of equestrian looking leather straps on boot ankles. Despite reviews reporting the calf runs narrow, these aren’t quite narrow enough for me, so I’ll be taking this opportunity to do something I’ve been thinking about trying for a while now…shopping around for cobbler quotes on boot slimming. I love a good tailoring adventure!
Now on to the good stuff…
During the month of December, DSW is sponsoring the DSW Shoe Hookup (#dswshoehookup) with 50 bloggers to give away prizes totaling 250 pairs of shoes and 250 copies of the NYT best selling book, Do You Speak Shoe Lover?. Each blogger gets to giveaway 5 Bonus Cards worth $50 in DSW merchandise, and 5 copies of Do You Speak Shoe Lover?. 50 bloggers means 50 contests, so if you don’t win this one, you have 49 more chances. The full list of blogs and contest dates is listed after the giveaway details.
The Giveaway… (ENDED)
- Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) DSW electronic Bonus Card via email in the value of $50, and one (1) copy of Do You Speak Shoe Lover?.
- Bonus cards may be spent on merchandise at dsw.com or at DSW stores.
- Contest open to US residents only.
- Limit one winner per household/per family from the 50 blogs participating in the promotion. Individuals winning more than one giveaway will receive 1 prize and the other winning entries will be disqualiﬁed and an alternate winner will be chosen.
- Winners will receive electronic Bonus Card (via email), within 2‐3 weeks of contest completion.
- Giveaway ends on Saturday, 12/7 at 11:59PM PT. *ENDED*
How to Enter…
Enter via the form at the bottom of this post. Entries include:
- Required: Be a DSW Rewards Member (1 entry)
- You get an extra entry if you:
- That’s a total of 5 entries if you take advantage of each entry opportunity
What is the DSW Rewards Program?
The DSW Rewards Program is a free program that once you sign up, earns you points toward reward certificates every time you shop at DSW.
- Free Membership
- $10 Reward certiﬁcates for every 1,500 points earned
- Free shipping on orders of $35 or more
- Two double‐points shopping days each year
- Advance notice of sales, clearance and upcoming opportunities for bonus points
- Special oﬀers, promotions and birthday certiﬁcate
- More benefits can be found here
Want more chances to win?
Here is a list of all 50 bloggers and their giveaway start dates for the DSW Shoe Hoookup. Each blog is another chance to enter:
December 2nd: MyBelonging & Shoe Smitten
December 3rd: My Fashion Juice, Belle de Couture & GentriLee
December 4th: Alterations Needed, The Chic Street, & Much Love, illy
December 5th: Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Shoes, Pink Avenue, & Coffee Beans and Bobby Pins
December 6th: Jador Fashion, Fashion Snag, & Melanee Shale
December 7th: High Fashion 4 Less, Fashion Fling, & Denim Debutante
December 8th: Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes, Oh So Glam, & Corals and Cognacs
December 9th: Kimmy Erin, Crystalin Marie, & Sandy A La Mode
December 10th My Own Blog Review, Around Lucia, & Trend Hungry
December 11th: Stiletto Beats, VintageorTacky, & Girl Avant Garde
December 12th: Behind The Seams, Fancy Things, & Dearest Lou
December 13th: The Fashion Poet, Let It Be Beautiful, & Mae Badiyan
December 14th: Good, Bad, and Fab, Kel and Kate, & The Frugalista
December 15th: The Fashionably Broke, Little Miss Fearless, & Modly Chic
December 16th The Fashionista Next Door, Studs and Sapphires, & Britt and Whit
December 17th Living In Color Print, Love Fashion Live Life, & A Mon in Red High Heels
December 18th Fashionable Hostess, District Sparkle, & Crowley Party
Good luck & happy shoe shopping! =)
This Giveaway Has Ended
The winners are:
This post and giveaway has been sponsored by DSW.