Print Blazer & Vintage Watch

rag-bone-blazer-3-600

It’s so nice to have some print in my blazer collection! A few things drew me to this piece: the small graphic print, simple black and white palette, and it’s Rag & Bone heritage (one of my favorite brands). The tailoring was extensive on this one, but I’m happy to have such an interesting new addition to my wardrobe.

For people who are wary of prints (like myself), keeping the print small, and in simple color palettes (what’s simpler to pair than black & white?) makes them so much easier to wear.

rag-bone-blazer-4-600

Another new addition is this dainty vintage watch, which was a gift from my mom for Christmas. The band is so unique! It is a lattice of little metal pieces that stretch to fit snugly on the wrist, and I love wearing it with a few other dainty bracelets. Vintage watches can be so beautiful, and many are perfectly sized for women with thin wrists. Not to mention, the price points can be wonderful! This watch is gold plated, and cost under $20.

rag-bone-blazer-5-600

Outfit detailsRag & Bone blazer :: Banana Republic shirt :: Blank NYC jeans :: Manolo Blahnik shoes (similar) :: Chanel handbag :: Ann Taylor belt :: vintage Bulova watch :: vintage & Gorjana bracelets :: antique ring

Altered – Rag & Bone blazer has been taken in all around :: Manolo Blahnik shoes have heel and ball-of-foot pads added :: Gorjana bracelet has been shortened

• Ashley says:

Ah! So cute! I love the blazer, it’s so unique! I love that you’re style is so distinctly different from other fashion bloggers (and inspires me to drag my blazers out of hiding!)

• Ana says:

I LOVE your blazer collection! I am so inspired to make 2013 the year I acquire a blazer. This might be one of my faves on you. I really love the patterns you’ve been adding to your closet lately.

• Franziska says:

That blazer is amazing. I’m still working on the fulfilling my need for non-patterned blazers (I need a camel one) but from there a patterned one is a must. This looks fantastic on you!

• anony M says:

Did you end up having the shoulders shortened? I just bought the Thom Browne blazer from Target and shoulders are a bit wide. I know it’s very costly to have this alteration done, now I’m contemplating if I should fork out the $$$ to do it :S

• Yes, I did get the shoulders shortened on this blazer. It’s costly (most quotes I get for this alteration are between $75 – $125), so be sure the blazer is worth the investment. I hate getting it done because it costs so much, but I’m finding that my shoulders are just a little bit smaller than the standard clothing shoulder size, so I’m a bit forced to. If you’re able to avoid it…avoid it.

• Amy says:

Loving that watch! How did your mom come across it, if you don’t mind me asking? Thrifted? I always want to try out vintage pieces but can never get myself into thrift shops!

• Thanks Amy! I rarely find treasures at thrift stores. I find most of my vintage either on eBay/Etsy, or at vintage fairs. There is a great vintage fair that comes to LA a few times a year which is where my mom found the watch. If your town has vintage fairs/expos, you should check it out sometime. =)

• New Petite says:

Thats like remaking the blazer and must have cost a lot! But I love the fit and how youve styled it.

• Helen says:

still can’t believe that you are 4’11″!!!! and the blazer turned out amazing.

• Jane says:

This looks really really good on you. The alterations on the blazer came out well. I’m intrigued by the color of the blouse you’re wearing. I would have gone with plain old black or white (and been very boring as a result), but I like the taupe. Neutral, but still adds interest.

• What a difference from the original fit. I love the hacking length as opposed to the cropped and the print is subtle and unique. Love the vintage watch with the bracelet too!

• Annabelle says:

The alterations on the blazer turned out great! I was looking at that one myself for just that reason (print on a blazer!) but didn’t end up picking it up.

• whitney - seeshopeatdo.com says:

i LOVE this look, what a cute blazer!

• Pia J says:

I love your blazer and your shoes are amazing!
    Looks great.

pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

• Russian Chic says:

You know how to put together a very peasing aesthetic. Simply stunning!

• That blazer looks great! I love how it looks with the blue shoes XD

• TOBeautyReviews says:

Oh so nice Kelly! Yes I’m weary of patterns…partly b/c I feel like I can’t wear them all the time as people will recognize that I had worn it recently LOL! It looks so great on you!

• Hi Kelly, I saw your post pre alterations. LOOKS fantastic now.

• Taylor Boutique says:

Lovely footwear,I just love the color.It is somewhat different and cool..And it looks great with combination of light colors as in the picture..Her accessories is also nice..

I love the chevron print of your blazer. So amazing! Keep up the amazing fashion inspirations. :)

• KT of KTRstyle.com says:

So well put together and sleek as always Kelly! :)

• lippylash says:

Great outfit! I found you through wendy and was looking at your blog and noticed that all the first pictures are looking down. I think it is a blogger thing to have a certain pose in which you feel comfy I always pose the same.. :p But once I pressed the read more.. I saw that there were more pictures (I just realized this sounds as a critique but totally isn’t!!!!)