Chambray, Spikes, and Seersucker

These Sam Edelman spiked heels have been one of my favorite purchases this year. I wouldn’t call them practical in any sense of the word, but just looking at them makes me smile. When I showed them to my mom, she said, “You know what you are? You’re a shoe collector. These aren’t shoes you wear out and toss in a few years, these are collector’s items.” Hmm…is that what these are too?

satin-spikesShot inspired by Wendy & Mystery Man

chambray-spikes-seersucker-03I’m also very excited it’s finally seersucker season! It’s my favorite summer fabric, hands down.

chambray-stripes-seersucker-002:: photo credits – boyfriend ::

Outfit Details – Theory blazer (similar) :: Ann Taylor shirt (altered) (similar) :: Banana Republic shorts (similar) :: J.Crew belt (similar) :: Sam Edelman shoes (in black):: J.Crew handbag :: Kate Spade watch (customized) ::  Stella & Dot bracelet (c/0) (in silver) :: Lux Accessories necklace :: Daisy Knights ring :: Loud Love Jewelry ring (c/o via giftcard) :: Essie “Turquoise and Caicos” nail color

• LT says:

This is going to sound a little creepy but your legs look fantastic in this outfit!

• wendyslookbook says:

Love this outfit Kelly!  Can’t wait to see your Manolo reveal.   And good job M!  He captured your natural beauty and style so well!

• pimpIT says:

Haven’t seen you in shorts yet. Suits you so well! Love this pairing, the fabric combination and these perfect shots! Absolutely beautiful! <3 <3 <3

• Angie says:

these photos look super nice, Kelly! new cam? I like your signature casual look with the added excitement of spiked heels (envy)

• Mancil says:

those shoes are “da hot shit”

• Those shoes are so crazy!
    I’m so used you in uber feminine pieces…this edgier shoe is pretty darn cool!

• LaLaaLove says:

Very nice! I love the blazer and shorts together.

My friend and I call our unworn shoe collection our “gallery”. Buying 7″ lavender wedges? I guess they’re going in the gallery!

• LOL! I love it! I might need to use that. =)

Do you ever watch The Rachel Zoe Project? I love how she calls her clothing collection her “archives”. My closet isn’t quite nice enough for that yet.

• Mady says:

love your shoes! they make such a statement!

Those heels and that studded ring…great purchases!! :)

I am on the hunt for something in seersucker!  :)  I saw some shorts at J. Crew, but have not tried them on yet.  But I feel like I need to avoid the mall for awhile. I am trying to hold out until after my birthday…hoping to have gift cards!

• Miriam Lee says:

such a cute outfit! i love this look~ and the shoes are hot!

• New Petite says:

Im loving the new pictures!! You look lovely and those are some really hot shoes!

• East Coast Petite says:

I found this GREAT seersucker blazer on clearance size zero at Ann Taylor with additional 40% off!! So amazing. But it needs to be taken in at waist about 2.5 inches (I like a more fitted look) and sleeve shortened. I’m going to research tailors, but what price do you think I’ll be looking at?

I hope not too bad since I really love it (and I don’t want it “ruined” when they are done with it!)

Love your pix – you look great as usual

• Just make sure not to skimp too much when choosing a tailor and you should be fine. Don’t take it to a dry cleaner tailor, for example. They’ll be cheap, but usually don’t do as nice a job as a tailor who has their own shop. You’re probably looking at about $40-$50 worth of work, but you won’t know for sure until a tailor looks at it. The sleeves, for example, might need more work done if there are cuff buttons that need to be moved up. Either way, slimming a blazer and shortening sleeves are pretty basic alterations that most tailors can do flawlessly. Good luck!

• Jyoti Sidhu says:

The shoes look super fantastic with this outfit!

• Amber says:

you and seersucker!! you look fabulous in it, and i agree, its such a great summer fabric. i tried a few items last year but nothing fit right and it all ended up getting sold :( oh well, there’s always more!

• Lisa Ng says:

You always look pulled together even of on a “casual” fabric like seersucker. Can’t wait to see more. Those shoes are awesome!!

• Katherine says:

Those shoes are gorgeous!! And I’m so jealous you got the BBs – I got the same ones on sale last year but they were too big :( SNIFF!

• This outfit is so, so pretty!

• Jade TS says:

Those shoes are gorgeous! Great styling on the outfit.

• Ayantika says:

I am in love with your outfit…super comfy !!

• Annamgnz says:

Just discovered this website today and I love your style.  Do you ever wear dresses?

• Thank you, and welcome! I very rarely wear dresses, unless I feel I have to, like at weddings or holiday parties. I don’t find them very interesting, and would rather wear a skirt and blouse so I can play with different stylings, colors, fabrics, etc. I think I only own 3 that I actually like. =P

• Alissa Futhey says:

Your legs and those shoes wee made for each other!