As some of you may know, I own two Burberry trench coats. One is the Harbourne style, and the other is the Ledstone, both in size 2 and altered down to fit. Some styles fit smaller than others, and after alterations, the size 2 coats have worked well for me. But the idea of an even smaller Burberry trench coat is intriguing. This would mean a better fit in the shoulder, and less alterations for petites.
The size 0 first popped up online, but was always mysteriously “sold out”, so it was unknown if the size actually existed, or if it was simply a mistake on the Burberry website. Then, size 0 magically became available online, and out of curiosity, I popped into my local Burberry boutique to investigate. The helpful sales associate knew what I was talking about immediately…they had one…but it had already been snatched up…drat! A quick search of the store system revealed the boutique in Los Angeles had one. What a coincidence, I was heading there the next day!
So off to the Beverly Hills Burberry boutique I went, and lo and behold…they had a size 0!
This is the Buckingham in “honey”, in size 0. The sleeve fits a little wider than my two size 2 Burberry coats, but roughly the same length. The real difference is in the torso and shoulder. As I buttoned up, I was shocked at how fitted the torso was! It’s difficult to accurately compare shoulder width with my size 2 coats, but it looks from the photo that the size 0 is slightly narrower.
The San Diego boutique told me the size 0 they had was in a style called Marystow, and the sales associate kept telling me how narrow it ran in the shoulder, so there may be an even better fitting size 0 Burberry coat out there!
Looking to invest in a Burberry coat?
- Smaller petites should look for this new size US0. It probably won’t be a perfect fit, but it will minimize the number of alterations needed.
- For example, on this coat I would want: 1) the sleeves slimmed 2) the sleeves shortened 3) the belt moved higher
- Size 0 definitely comes in the Buckingham (shown) and the Marystow (which may run smaller than the Buckingham). Online, it looks to be available in this short coat.
- Some styles run smaller and narrower than others. Ask your sales associate for help finding the most petite-friendly styles.
- The thing I love most about Burberry boutiques is they will alter your coat for free! This may vary by boutique or country, but the Beverly Hills store has altered both of my trench coats for free. But you must be vigilant about telling them what you want (they can be reluctant to do many or complicated alterations, since it’s for free).