Ann Taylor Knit Slim Pants, size 00P (extra length folded under) :: H&M t-shirt, size 2 :: Cole Haan shoes, size 5
When Ann Taylor offered me a $100 gift card* to give their new pants a try, I figured it was a good opportunity to look for non-jean pants, since I seem to have a denim addiction and need more variety in my bottoms wardrobe. I normally go for bootcut or trouser style pants, but in my craving for something new, skinny and slim pants have been on my mind.
I ended up purchasing two pairs of pants online. The pair I liked the most and was curious to try were the Petite Ponte Knit Trousers. I liked them because they looked more like trousers than jeans, with a double hook-and-bar front closure, and back welt pockets. These, however, were quite a bit roomy in size 00P, and were not flattering on me at all. It was not even worth taking photos.
The Petite Knit Slim Pants were my second choice. The leg line looked sleek on the model, but the five pocket styling reminded me almost too much of a pair of black jeans. I was expecting not to like them as much…after all…wasn’t the point to find non-jeans?
I was also disappointed to see both pants only came in black (since then, a grey option for the knit slim pants has popped up). Black pants are nice, but a bit formal for my casual wardrobe, and I like color options!
On to the pants! Here are the Petite Knit Slim Pants in size 00P:
Please excuse the lack of styling and poor photo location. The sprinklers were on in my favorite photo taking spots, and I was losing photo taking light fast!
My first impressions:
- Material is oh-so-comfy!
- Beware of VPL! The stretch of these pants makes thongs or seamless undies a must.
- I appreciate the working pockets (the Ponte Knit Trousers lack front pockets).
- Looks a lot like black jeans, which may make them too casual for some work places.
- Lining of the front pockets can show a line on your leg if not smoothed from the inside.
- Machine washable! These say “dry flat”, which means the fabric may shrink in the dryer (take note xxs petites!).
- Teeny tiny waist gap, but not even worth altering.
- The rise fits! Which means I don’t have any weird things happening in the crotch (phew!). The creases you see in the photo are because my leg is bent forward.
- A little long and need a hem (the extra length is tucked under in these photos).
- These fit a lot like my favorite Paige skinnies! I’m glad I found that same flattering cut in non-denim!
I wasn’t expecting to like these, but once I put them on and tucked the extra length under, I was really happy with them! The cut is flattering on my figure, the silhouette is modern and sophisticated, and it’s not every day that you find flattering pants! I don’t own any black pants, so these may turn into a helpful wardrobe staple that I didn’t know I needed.
I was also very happy to see another color pop up online…grey! I have a feeling I’ll be snagging these when a good sale comes along. I just hope the heather color isn’t sweat-pant looking.
Size 00P Product Info (laying flat):
Leg Opening: 6″
40% Cotton, 29% Nylon, 27% Modal, 4% Spandex
Machine wash cold
Also see these pants on: Sydney in size 0P
* Disclosure – Ann Taylor offered me a $100 gift card to try their new pant styles. This offer did not carry any other requests. The decision to do a review, as well as the opinions in this review, are my own. I am a member of the Ann Taylor affiliate program, and purchasing through a link to the Ann Taylor website from this post may result in a commision for Alterations Needed.