Being petite can make gift buying hard for your family and loved ones. I shudder at the thought of all the well meaning, but completely odd-sized clothing I get from family each year. Here are some petite friendly gifts to give or get this holiday season…
1. Vintage style brooch -This pretty little pin from Ann Taylor would look fantastic on jackets, sweaters, dresses, handbags…you name it.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mini - The pint-sized sister to the infamous Morning After Bag, the Mini Mini comes in an array of colors, and with the option to wear it over the shoulder, cross body, or held as a satchel.
4. Sewing machine with lessons – Give a petite a tailor, and she’ll have hemmed pants for a day. Give a petite a sewing machine and teach her a basic stitch, and she’ll have hemmed pants for a lifetime!
(How’d you like my poor attempt at a modern day interpretation of an ancient Chinese proverb?)
5. The Little Bra Company Petite Bras – A favorite of petite bloggers. Only for A & B cup girls at the moment, but C cups are coming soon!
6. Gift cards – Petite ladies need to try clothes on themselves to find the right fit, so gift cards are amazing gifts. We get to go shopping and find exactly what we want! Genius!
7. Narrow calf boots from Duo Boots – Boots for tiny calves as narrow as 30 cm (11.8 inches) around, and as wide as 50 cm (19.7 inches) around.
8. Personal shopper – Can’t find clothes that fit? You can hire an experienced personal shopper to help navigate the stores, and find a new perfect wardrobe. Some major department stores like Nordstrom offer complimentary personal shopper services, but for a more personalized experience, think about hiring a professional personal stylist.
9. Small bangle bracelets from Etsy sellers – Many great Etsy jewelry designers will special-make small size bracelets for petite wrists. To find what size bracelet you need, see my post about bangle bracelets for thin wrists.
What are your petite-friendly holiday gift recommendations?
Disclosure - Clicking or purchasing through the links in this post may yield commissions for AlterationsNeeded.com. See the Alterations Needed Disclosure for more details.