Seven Confessions

I got tagged three times to post this (by Cute and Little, Shorty Stories and Extra Petite), so how can I say no? I usually don’t participate in blogger tagging posts, because I figure you come here to read about clothes and shopping, not about me, right? Well, if that is indeed the case, bare with me, because here’s a few tidbits about little ol’ me…

1 – I hated dresses and skirts as a kid, so much so, that I would cry if forced to wear one. To this day, I still prefer pants.

2 – My love of the color red can be traced back to my dad’s love of Nebraska football (Go Big Red!) and insistance that I wear red every game day.

3 – My love of jewelry comes from my mom…who just so happened to start a jewelry business this year!

4 – I get intense cravings for foods, so badly that all I want to eat is one food until I’m completely sick of it. As a kid, all I ate for lunch was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for about 5 years straight. I got so sick of them, it took me 10 years before I could stand to eat another one. To this day, I still can’t eat Sugar Daddy candies because I ate too many as a kid. My current craving…Del Taco classic tacos…weird right?

5 – I have every issue of US Vogue magazine since August, 2007. I just can’t seem to part with any of them.

6 – I don’t like cake, but I love ice cream and cookies. My all time favorite dessert is pizookie, because it combines my two favorite treats.

7 – As a kid, I wanted to be a paleontologist when I grew up. My childhood pen pal was a paleontologist in Utah who dug up dinosaur bones for a living.

• Miss. Studios says:

#4 is interesting. I get sick of things easily. I would say you're rather persist in a good way?

it's so great to learn more about you Kelly!! i used to eat PB&J sandwiches everyday from kindergarten until 8th grade actually for the same reason!! then i switched over to chicken sandwiches. but i'm very much like you in that way. :)

and red looks so good on you! definitely keep on wearing it!

cuteandlittle.com

Congrats to your mom for starting her own business! Loved learning more about you :)

• Jackie says:

LOL, I to hated dresses and skirts as a kid. From ages 7 to 18 I wouldn't wear anything that could possibly expose my bum =X

This was fun to read.

• AubreyOhDang! says:

so on your wedding day, what kind of "cake" will you have? an ice cream cake? That'd be awesome. or a pizookie cake. hahaha.

• littlenashua says:

I hated pants and refused to wear them from age 5-7. But I did bring the exact same sandwich in my lunch every day for all of my years of elementary school; I switched to a different sandwich in middle school, then one more time in high school. I tend to eat the same lunch for 5 year stretches (same with breakfast).

• Dylana Suarez says:

What wonderful confessions!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

I love the confessions series and I think everybody else does too! Just for the record, I read blogs for clothes, shopping, AND stuff about you/bloggers :)

Lol! I love how you linked to the definition of a paleontologist!

I love knowing the origin of your love for red!

• Fashion blog lover says:

Lol. Cute post. :)

• Claud says:

Great post. I do prefer pants over skirt and dresses too. And I don't like much cake either but love cookies.

• diaryofashopper says:

We just tried Del Taco for the first time since moving and my husband is absolutely addicted to their classic tacos. :)

Miss. Studios – LOL. Persistent is a good word to use…

kileen – LOL…you did it too!? That's awesome! My mom was actually worried about me because that's all I wanted to eat!

curls-and-pearls – My mom is really excited…as am I…because she finds some great stuff and I get to pay wholesale for it! =)

Jackie – I hated being girly, so anything even remotely feminine was out of the question to me as a kid. =)

AubreyOhDang! – Funnily enough, I've given this some deep thought…I think wedding pizookie is certainly in order…LOL.

littlenashua – LOL. I've never noticed a specific time limit, but I do the same thing where I'll eat the very same thing over and over. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Dylana Suarez – Thank you! =)

SewPetiteGal – LOL. I forget that readers like to learn little tidbits about the blogger too sometimes! My everyday life is not very exciting, so I rarely have much to share. =P

Michelle – LOL. That's because I still remember each one of my elementary school teachers looking at me like I was crazy saying, "what's a paleontologist??"

Claud – Do people ever look at you funny when you tell them you don't like cake? I get funny looks all the time. Cookies are waaaaay better! =)

diaryofashopper – LOL. I definitely know how your hubby feels. Taco Tuesdays are my favorite!

• Banhannas says:

My university colors are red too! I'm not that into sports though lol. It is so cute that you wanted to be a paleontologist, such a difficult career to say heehee.

• PetiteAsianGirl says:

At first I thought Taco Tuesdays was in a specific restaurant in SD (since my bf always says his friends or his parents are at taco tuesdays) but apparently it's widespread. Now I'm interested in trying this Del Taco place, if Nick refuses to take me to Tijuana lol.

Does your mom have an online store?

• Canadianpetite says:

Interesting tidbits – pizookie sounds yummy. You must have a big place to store all your Vogue. I wore pants/jeans everyday to school that my mom kept threatening to throw them all out!

• PetiteXXS says:

I prefer pants like you, but for a slightly different reason… my Mom never let me wear skirts or dresses because she thought they'd somehow attract boys and and hinder my academics lol. I probably didn't wear them until college, and even though I'm trying to wear them more often now, in a pinch I still reach for pants/jeans!

Definitely share some of the jewelry your Mom makes!

Banhannas – I remember having to coach all my teachers on how to pronounce it as a kid…LOL. What a little bratty smarty-pants I must have been.

PetiteAsianGirl – Taco Tuesday is what EVERY Mexican food joint down here has…it's pretty much my favorite day of the week. =)

Yes…you must try Del Taco, so addicting! There is also so much good "hole in the wall" Mexican food here…definitely no need to go to TJ.

Canadianpetite – Pizookie is the best! If you live near a BJ's restaurant, you should definitely try one! Yum!

PetiteXXS – LOL. That's pretty typical that moms don't want us girls distracted by boys. She just forgot that skirt or no skirt…the boys at that age are attracted no matter what… =P

• The Little Dust Princess says:

Loved getting to know you a bit more. : ) I actually dislike ice cream and go for cookies and cakes instead. :P Everyone thinks I'm weird for not liking ice cream. LOL

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a beautiful layered necklace! :D

xx The Little Dust Princess

• PetiteLittleGirl says:

I am with you on # 4. I am the same way. I eat one food until I am sick of it. It's Mexican food right now :) Thank you for sharing your confessions with us. I love reading them as much as your fashion posts.

• olyvia says:

I've never heard of a pizookie, but that sounds awesome! Thanks for introducing me to it. lol- on the history of your love for red. I grew up in Omaha, Nebraska, and yeah, people are crazy about the red over there. On game day, it seems the whole city wears red.

• Callandra says:

Ummm! The pizcookie looks so yummy! We need a BJ's here!! When I hear the word paleontologist, I immediately think of Ross from the Friends sitcom show. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone actually doing that for a profession, but it sounds really fun. I do the same thing with food too. I can eat my favorite foods every day, three times a day 'till I'm done……then I won't touch it again for a really long time. Great post, very intersting!

• Callandra says:

• olyvia says:

• PetiteXXS says:

Definitely share some of the jewelry your Mom makes!

• Claud says: