I was camera shy, even at the tender age of 4.
Luckily, my style sense has much improved since then…and just to prove it…here I am…
That’s right, I finally decided to come out of hiding, albeit, by way of a very washed out photo. Baby steps. It’s my birthday tomorrow, so since I’ve outgrown extravagant birthday parties…and instead just stick to taking days off work, sleeping in, and going shopping, I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate.
I’m embarking on a new adventure in life, so it feels like the right time to say “hello” to everyone. I’m moving to a new city, moving forward in my relationship with my amazing boyfriend, and with all this comes the opportunity to focus more time and effort in Alterations Needed.
There is so much I want to do with AN and the forum, and I was finding that blogging anonymously was a major hindrance to my plans. So, here I am, and hopefully with many more fun things to come.
And to help us get better aquatinted…here are some fun facts about me:
- I hate white socks. I only wear colored ones, preferably argyle.
- I had straight hair until I was 13 years old. I literally got a hair cut one day, and walked out of the salon with a full head of curly hair. Traumatizing!
- I’ve spent the last three years living next door to a mentally ill woman who is convinced I’m stalking her. But the rent is amazingly cheap!
- I have a bamboo plant named Chuck. He’s been with me for 6 years, and I only almost accidently killed him once. Not bad huh?
- I was a real tomboy as a kid. I think that’s where my love of menswear comes from.
- I’ve already named my future pets. Bradley if he’s a Welsh Corgi, Clinton if he’s a pomeranian, and I kinda want a cat named Dave.
- I really like wearing crazy colored lingerie. It’s like my little secret. I might be wearing black on the outside…but underneath I’m bright orange!
- I’m one whole inch taller than my mom.
- I have really boyish handwriting. I even know a few boys with nicer handwriting than mine. It’s kinda embarrassing.
- Anyone who has emailed me has learned my real name, so I guess it’s not that big of a secret, but…hi, my name is Kelly!