From The Alterations Needed Forum: 4/27/10

Some goodies from the Alterations Needed Forum:

Canadian readers take note: Banana Republic will ship to Canada soon!

Anyone know how the J.Crew Curator pants fit?

eBay sellers: I’ve started a thread for you to share your petite auction items.

Hi,

I was looking for work wear and came across your blog. I really enjoyed reading your posts. There is a particular top I really like that you mentioned in your posts about stuff from Ann Taylor – The Petite Floral Front Shell. I looked it up on the website and they are only available in large. Do you know where to find xs or s sizes?
    Thanks

The floral front shell sold out quick in small sizes! Your best bet it to:

1) Call Ann Taylor customer service and ask if they can locate one for you. There might be a returned one sitting in a store somewhere just waiting for you to buy it!

2) Try the regular sized version. They are sold out in small sizes online, but I've seen these in stores pretty recently. I bet if you called customer service and asked about the regular sized ones, you could find an xs.

Good luck!

• HM63 says:

To Anonymous….You can also watch for it on Ebay. There are lots of items from the current collection up for auction. I've recently picked up a couple AT LOFT tops on Ebay as we don't have AT in Canada and they don't ship outside the US.

Thanks a ton guys =) will def check it out n let u know what I find.

• HM63 says:

• Kyri says:

Can anyone help!!! I have Louis Vuitton leather boots but they are too wide on the calf! I can’t find anyone with old fashioned shoe repair experience that will take on the job of making them narrower

• If you can’t find a shop to fix your boots near you, try searching on Yelp within the largest city that’s near you. Bigger cities will have more options. Some shops may even be ok with letting you send the boots in through the mail if it’s too far to travel.