Death By Sidewalk: How Vegas Tried To Eat My Shoe

Las Vegas takes a lot of things…money…morals…the memories from last night after that last Mai Tai…and most recently, it tried to take my Christian Louboutin.

While walking between casinos, I was surprised to take a step and realize my shoe had been pulled off my foot. I looked back, horrified to see my shoe half eaten by a sidewalk grate. The thin heel had fallen in the tiny hole of the grate, and had to be pulled with quite a bit of force to be yanked free.

After freeing my shoe, I was sad to see the patent leather on the heel had been scraped all the way down to the metal.

Damn you Vegas! Why must you ruin my precious size 35 shoe?!

If you REALLY want that shoe repaired correctly, mail it to Rago Brothers in Morristown ,NJ. People sent their expensive leather goods for repair from all over the globe. They took up the sleeves of my Tory Burch leather jacket from the shoulders because there were snaps at the cuffs. ragobrothers.com

Nice! Thanks for the recommendation! I'm gonna shop it around LA first and see if anyone here can fix it. If not, then they may take a trip to NJ!

I just got my Nanette Lepore "Flirti" Tweed Jacket in XS in the mail and it fits great! I paid $318.00(20% off) from Bloomingdales.com. Sleeves need to be hemmed, but I can actually do this one. I'm 5'1 & 105 lbs. If you need to take in the sides, it's not complicated. It sort of fits like a shirt rather than a jacket. Light weight fabric suitable for L.A.. Looks great with jeans or dressed up. I'm elated! Oh, I'm the one who sent the Rago Brothers post.

That jacket is super cute! Congrats!

• Nukem says:

No!! Not the Louboutins! I hope you can find a good cobbler to fix them.

Did you ever get the shoes fixed? I ask because something similar happened to my shoes while in Amsterdam (darn cobblestone) and I'm looking to have mine fixed as well (it's better than having to purchase another pair of shoes).

@Anonymous – I did get them fixed, but they'll never quite look perfect after the incident. Apparently, patent leather is difficult to fix, and can't be repaired the way regular leather can. My shoe got glued back together very well, but if you look closely, you can still see the seam from the rip. It's a pretty inexpensive fix, and a way better alternative than buying new shoes. Just don't expect a complete miracle.

Thanks AN. Will venture to get mine fixed as well. You've given me hope.